Booking Agent Terms and Conditions
Bright Escapes is a Holiday Property Management company. Bookings for our properties may be performed directly through Bright Escapes, or via independent Booking Agents (eg. Expedia, AirBnB, HomeAway etc).
Bright Escapes takes no responsibility for the terms or conditions of independent Booking Agents and encourages guests to familiarise themselves with the terms of their Booking Agent prior to finalising reservations.
Bright Escapes Terms & Conditions
A 50% deposit is required within 3 days of a booking being made. A booking is not considered confirmed until deposit is paid. Failure to make this payment will result in automatic cancellation of your booking.
The balance of payment is due 14 days prior to reservation commencement, and unless otherwise advised will be automatically charged to the card details originally provided.
Payment by Credit Card incurs 1.75% bank merchant charge.
Cancellation of confirmed bookings will attract an Administration Fee of AUD$110.00 (GST inclusive). This is in addition to any applicable Cancellation Fee charged by the Booking Agent, and/or any booking fees charged by the Booking Agent.
Reservations may be cancelled with a refund of the full amount less the above mentioned Administration Fee is cancelled more than 21 days prior to the commencement of the reservation.
Reservations cancelled 21 days to 14 days prior to the booking commencing will result in 1 nights’ accommodation being forfeited.
Cancellation within 14 days of the reservation commencing will not be refunded.
There will be no refund provided at any time for deferred bookings, the above cancellation policy will apply to the dates on your original booking.
A reduction in the length of stay once a guest is already in residence in the property will not be refunded.
We reserve the right to offer alternative accommodation/service of a similar standard in the case of error by the Booking Agent or any other reason beyond the control of Bright Escapes. It is your responsibility to review the Booking Agent’s cancellation and indemnity policy before finalising the reservation.
Bright Escapes reserves the right to hold Credit Card details on file as security for any damages, excess cleaning and any extra charges that may be incurred during your stay. These card details will be securely kept for 14 days after departure and any damages or additional charges will be charged to the card within that time frame if needed. Once the 14 days after departure has passed the card details are automatically deleted from our secure system. Some properties require an additional cash bond to be held (advertised on individual listings if applicable).
Bright Escapes reserves the right to claim compensation from the credit card provided in the event of:
- The accommodation is not left in the condition it was found in relation to building, cleanliness and grounds. This also applies to any furniture and fittings that are not returned to their original position.
- If excess cleaning is required beyond our allocated cleaning time of a property due to lack of care from guests, this is inclusive of extra cleaning required due to pets (see full pet terms below)
- If the amount of bedding that is used exceeds the number of guests that have been noted on your booking without notifying Bright Escapes.
- If keys are not returned to the lockbox at the property a $50.00 fee will apply.
- Guests that fail to depart by 10am without having made prior arrangements with Bright Escapes will be charged for the time our cleaning staff are kept waiting to gain access to the property.
Pet-friendly Property Conditions (Applies to pet-friendly properties only)
- Pets are not to be left unattended at a property for any period.
- It is your responsibility to clean up any pet droppings before vacating a property, additional fees will apply if this is not done.
- Pets are not allowed on any soft furnishings in the accommodation. Please bring their own beds and blankets as required.
- Professional dry-cleaning charges will apply for any pet hair found on soft furnishings, soiled carpet or soiled soft furnishings.
WIFI Conditions (Applies to properties that provide WIFI)
Whilst we do anticipate WIFI will be available during your stay, it is not guaranteed. WIFI availability is dependent on the network provider.
Bright Escapes will not be held accountable for network errors.
Strict NO PARTY Policy
All disruptive parties and events are prohibited. In the event of disruption to neighbours, Bright Escapes will gain possession of the property immediately and guests will be asked to leave with no refund.
In the event of guests being unable to travel to Bright or surrounds or having to vacate a property due to a Public Emergency or State Premier declaration, Bright Escapes will offer a deferral of the reservation for up to 12 months without charge. If the booking cannot be deferred, cancellations will be considered in accordance with the above mentioned policy, and at the discretion of Bright Escapes.
Bright Escapes recommends travel insurance for all guests to cover any losses incurred by booking cancellations or unforeseen circumstances.